Now that the kids are almost out of school, it’s time to start planning your summer activities to keep them busy! Whether it’s a summer sports or art camp, playdates with friends, or relaxing afternoons by the pool, there’s lots of things to do with your kids this summer. Here are just a few ideas for you!
5 Things to do With Your Kids this Summer
- Host a summer party. You don’t have to have a birthday to throw an awesome summer party. All you need is some creativity, space, and sunshine. Some fun themes include a Luau Party, a Pool Party, or a Party at the Farm. Head to the dollar store for inexpensive items like hula hoops, flower leis, water toys, or hats. Don’t forget fun games like pin the tail on the donkey, pinatas, hopscotch, musical chairs, or 3 legged race.
- Explore your neighborhood. The Greater Sacramento Area is full of beautiful parks and trails. Take a nature walk through scenic parks like William Land Park. Make it more exciting by turning your walk into a scavenger hunt! List items like leaves, rocks, flowers, and landmark items like statues, fountains, and signs.
- Get fit together. Nothing brings your family closer than exercising together. It’s a great way to get and stay healthy and nothing keeps you motivated better than your kids! Plus, you’ll be setting a good example of how to be healthy and make fitness fun, not a chore. Try family friendly activities like biking, swimming, yoga, or hiking. You can even take your normal circuit training moves and tweak them for the kids. Body weight exercises like pushups, sit ups, lunges, crunches, jumping jacks, etc…are all great ways to keep the wee ones moving and having fun with mom and dad.
- Build a fort. Nothing makes you feel like a kid yourself than building and crawling around in a home made fort. For fantastic fort ideas, check out this Pinterest board. Pull out those blankets, pillows, cardboard boxes, flashlights, and couch cushions and get building!
- And of course plan a family day or playdate at Funderland. We have 9 pint sized rides for kids of all ages. We also have plenty of picnic areas, cafe treats, and attractions – perfect for a sunny summer day. So plan a family “Stay-cation” and pack in the fun at Funderland Amusement Park!