Job Description – Manager, Park Operations
The Park Operations Manager will assist the General Manager in producing an efficient day to day operation while maintaining an environment that embodies Funderland’s mission of creating magical memories for our guests.
- Meeting and agreeing to Funderland’s mission.
- Continual engagement with staff including hiring, directing, coaching, reviewing, and training as well as maintaining a positive organizational culture.
- Managing and overseeing a crew of 10 to 30 individuals.
- Interacting with guests including handling guest relations, concerns, responding to guest questions, and improving guest experience. Guest service skills are an absolute necessity.
- Interacting with children and people.
- Ensuring all safety rules, regulations, and procedures are carried out.
- Being able to properly inspect the various rides and detect safety issues.
- Coordinating, scheduling, and creating contracts for all booked events, as well as work occasional evening hours for those events.
- Working directly with the General Manager to ensure safety, promotions, team member procedures/protocol, day to day tasks, cleanliness, etc., are being carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Monitoring park appearance, and ride performance with a focus on quality experiences.
- Implementing new operational procedures or requirements that will improve guest and team member experience.
- Making deposits as needed.
- Operating and supervising point of sale transactions as well as filing daily reports.
- Managing product inventory and control as well as ordering supplies and making cost comparisons as needed for concessions.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- College degree is preferred. High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Management/leadership experience.
- Guest relations experience.
- Self motivated, quick learner, organized, detail oriented.
- Pass a Megan’s Law and background check.
- Pay determined on work experience.
- Health benefits including dental.
- Vacation time.
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all job activities or requirements. Additionally, this position is physical and will require extensive activity throughout the day in various weather conditions. Applicants should have the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, and the endurance to frequently navigate the park grounds daily.
Park Operator Manager Applicants – Please submit your cover letter and resume to the park during our operating hours or mail to: PO Box 22710, Sacramento, CA 95822. We will accept cover letters and applications through September 23, 2016
Job Description – Ride Operator
A Funderland team member is a fun and rewarding experience. As a team member we ask that you act in a manner that demonstrates Funderland’s mission of creating magical memories for our guests by being friendly, appealing, safe, and efficient. Guest service is imperative in our line of work and we require that our team members consistently initiate contact with guests while focusing on guest safety. As an ambassador of our park you should always ensure that you present yourself and the park in a friendly and appealing manner. Because we are a children’s park we need applicants that enjoy being around children as they are constantly interacting with our park guests. If you do not like working with children and their parents, this may not be a good job fit. Importantly, team members are expected to abide by all state, federal, and industry safety regulations, operate rides, lift children in and out of rides, focus on guest service, keep a clean working area, and perform other duties as required.
Requirements – Applicants must:
- Act in a manner that embodies Funderland’s core values
- Pass a Drug Test
- Pass a Megan’s Law background check
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Follow all company policy and regulation
- Have a strong work ethic
- Be a team player
- Be outgoing and friendly
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to work in a high stress environment
- Physical dexterity as employees are required to work outside and lift small children onto rides
- Be willing to learn new aspects of the job regularly
- Have reliable transportation to and from the park
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Possess basic math skills
- Complete and pass all safety requirements
- Be legal to work in the US
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list of all job activities or requirements. Additionally, this position is quite physical and will require extensive activity throughout the day in various weather conditions. Applicants should have the ability to lift at least 50 pounds, and the endurance to navigate the park grounds daily.