Kid Friendly Eateries Near the Park
Published on May 29, 2018
You and the kiddos have spent your beautiful summer day at the park; the sun starting to set and some tummies have started grumblin’. It is dinner time. Quickly, before the car ride home turns into a whirlwind of hangry 6 year olds, you’ve got to get some grub for those little bellies. You don’t want to trek everyone half way across town for a bite to eat after a long day of fun and you are in luck! As it turns out, Sacramento is full of very kid-friendly eateries and we have come up with a list of dives to checkout with your little ones after your day at Land Park.
There are plenty of options located within a few miles away; Land Park is located in a prime location for good eats of any kind; many being within 15 minutes, or less, from the park. Anything from ice cream to burritos, everyone will be able to find something to hit the spot, without breaking the bank. Freeport Blvd features everything from sushi to mexican food to burgers and fries. It can be daunting, thinking of the budget of a full day on the town with all of the mouths to feed; however these establishments offer meals under 10, and sometimes 5 dollars.
Here is our list of kid-friendly restaurants by Land Park:
LaBou: 4400 Del Rio Rd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- This café is located, conveniently, right across the street from Land Park! Is is the perfect spot for an affordable bite that is a quick walk away. This is a perfect place to pop into and grab a snack at any point in the day! They have breakfast sandwiches, soups, salads and paninis, along with a full sandwich menu; all under 10 dollars! It is hard to beat a deal like that, especially when it is so close by.
Marie Callender’s: 5622 Freeport Blvd. Sacramento, CA 95822 Phone: 916-391-4300
- At this all-American restaurant and bakery, you will find a plethora of hardy eats that anyone will love, no matter the age! To make it even better, all kids under 12 will eat for free with purchase on Saturdays and Tuesdays after 4. A perfect stop after a long day on the rides! Every kid’s meal comes with a piece of Mary’s famous pie; but only if you eat your veggies!
Riverside Clubhouse: 2633 Riverside Blvd. Sacramento CA.
- About 2 miles from Land Park is this café that features a wide array of culinary confections; from pizza and wings, to calamari and Fettuccine. It has meals that kids will be more than happy with and something the adults can fill up on as well without compromising quality. Kids eat free on Tuesdays and Kid’s Meals are only $7 every other day of the week!
Vic’s Cafe and Ice Cream: 3193 Riverside Blvd, Sacramento, CA
- This low-key café has perfect lunch options that are light and affordable. The kids menu features simple items that will fill up the little ones for under $5 each! As if that weren’t reason enough, there is also an ice cream parlour adjacent to the café; making this the perfect stop after a long day at the park! For the grown ups, their sandwiches will surely hit the spot without breaking the bank.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza: 4424 Freeport, Sacramento, CA, 95842
- Are you are in a hurry to get home and want an easy dinner? You are in luck! Located across the street from Funderland, this is a foolproof pizza spot for any parent looking to find a quick “bake-at-home” meal on the way back from the park. They have all the toppings you could imagine and have little mini pies for the kiddies.
Togo’s Sandwich Shop: 4421 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Since the 70’s, this franchise has been a go to sandwich spot for Sacramento, and this one is very close by. Togo’s has all of your deli style sandwich favorites and a few creations to mix it up. There is a rewards program for frequent visitors and a Kids menu, for the little ones under 12; complete with a sandwich, fountain drink, and a bag of chips! This another great option for someone looking for a quick meal near the park.
Meet and Eat: 3445 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95818
- This american eatery is a perfect spot for anyone looking for a great burger, a chilled out atmosphere and not looking to travel far out of the way of Land Park. Only a short drive away from the park, this dive offers fresh eats all day, every day. From breakfast to dinner, this menu is full of classics. The kids menu is affordable and will have something for any kid’s appetite.
Dali’s Kitchen: 1948 Sutterville Rd, Sacramento, CA, 95831
- Located where the old Ford’s Burgers was, this little mexican restaurant has everything you could want in a traditional Tex-Mex spot. It is right across the street from the park, close enough to smell the tamales! It’s the perfect option for something as close to homemade mexican food as you can get! The food is always cheap and fresh. There is no shortage of seating with tables both inside and out!
Chipotle: 4001 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Nice and Easy. This is a go-to spot for a lot of people nowadays; because it is nutritious and tasty! Although it is a big brand restaurant, they offer fresh options for anyone, so that everyone in the family is happy with their meals! This has become a staple of many towns across the U.S. and we can see why; who doesn’t like a Chipotle burrito am I right?? Take the short walk across the street from Land Park and you will find this quick bite to eat.
Aviators: 6151 Freeport Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95822
- Saving the best for last. This is, hands down, one of the coolest spots to eat in Sacramento. This restaurant is located in the Sacramento Executive Airport, allowing you to enjoy your meal while the little ones enjoy watching the airplanes while they land and take off! How cool!? I can’t imagine a kid who wouldn’t be captivated watching planes go by out of the full wall windows. There is a menu for the little ones that features anything they could want for breakfast, lunch or dinner! A really cool place to end a full day at the park!
These are just a few of our favorite eateries close-by, come see us and tell us which you like best!